Pages

Thursday, December 16, 2010

The Twelve Days of Chiari

(Okay, I'm not a poet... but here goes... to the tune of the 12 Days of Christmas...  And no, it doesn't have quite the significance the song has but here goes...)


On the first trip to the neurosurgeon my doctor gave to me the diagnosis of Chiari.
On the second trip to the neurosurgeon my doctor gave to me two cognitive tests, and the diagnosis of Chiari.
On the third trip to the neurosurgeon my doctor gave to me three MRIs, two cognitive tests and the diagnosis of Chiari.
On the fourth trip to the neurosurgeon my doctor gave to me four iv needles, three MRIs, two cognitive tests and the diagnosis of Chiari.
On the fifth trip to the neurosurgeon my doctor gave to me five days of hospital food, four iv needles, three MRIs, two cognitive tests and the diagnosis of Chiari.
On the sixth trip to the neurosurgeon my doctor gave to me six new symptoms, five days of hospital food, four iv needles, three MRIs, two cognitive tests and the diagnosis of Chiari.
On the seventh trip to the neurosurgeon my doctor gave to me seven times four surgical staples, six new symptoms, five days of hospital food, four iv needles, three MRIs, two cognitive tests and the diagnosis of Chiari.
On the eighth trip to the neurosurgeon my doctor gave to me pictures of my eight millimeter herniation, seven times four surgical staples, six new symptoms, five days of hospital food, four iv needles, three MRIs, two cognitive tests and the diagnosis of Chiari.
On my ninth trip to the neurosurgeon my doctor gave to me nine new prescriptions, pictures of my eight millimeter herniation, seven times four surgical staples, six new symptoms, five days of hospital food, four iv needles, three MRIs, two cognitive tests and the diagnosis of Chiari.
On my tenth trip to the neurosurgeon my doctor gave to me ten numb digits, nine
On the eleventh trip to my neurosurgeon my doctor gave to me eleven centimeter incision, ten numb digits, nine new prescriptions, pictures of my eight millimeter herniation, seven times four surgical staples, six new symptoms, five days of hospital food, four iv needles, three MRIs, two cognitive tests and the diagnosis of Chiari.
On the twelfth trip to my neurosurgeon my doctor gave to me twelve weeks on sick leave, eleven centimeter incision, ten numb digits, nine new prescriptions, pictures of my eight millimeter herniation, seven times four surgical staples, six new symptoms, five days of hospital food, four iv needles, three MRIs, two cognitive tests and the diagnosis of Chiari.


1 comment:

  1. Ohhh, very creative! I like it! Not liking that you even had to write it in the first place, but I like it nonetheless!

    ReplyDelete