Pages

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

A Chiari Poem - by Dr. John Oro

So I Say 


Another headache 
The third today 
We all have them 
So they say 

I’m getting dizzy 
My vision blurred 
Your getting older 
Don’t be absurd 

I’m staying home 
Too tired to go 
Go see your doctor 
She should know 

Too many symptoms 
You must be stressed 
Take medication 
And get some rest

I cannot think well 
Can’t find the words 
My memory slipping 
My speech gets slurred 

We’ll get a scan 
Since you insist 
If we find nothing 
Please don’t persist 

Don’t make me laugh 
Don’t make me cry 
It hurts to strain 
I don’t know why 

Your scan is fine 
By report today 
Incidental Chiari 
So they say 

Incidental 
What do you mean 
By a doctor 
I have not seen 

It is anxiety 
That makes you so 
The world is stressful 
I think you know 

I pulled away 
Gave up, or such 
Until the pressure 
Became too much 

I waded through 
The Internet 
Fearful of loosing 
What I had left 

It took some time 
To come to know 
My brain is hanging 
Down too low 

With every beat 
The fluid flows 
Deep in the brain 
To the opening below 

The rush of fluid 
Seeking release 
Finds cerebellum
Which makes it cease 

The pressure spikes 
My head explodes 
It makes such sense 
Now that I know 

Working together
We’ll find a way 
To make it better 
So I say

No comments:

Post a Comment