Pages

Monday, May 24, 2010

99 Little Things

Once again, I have hijacked a great post from Marla.... Thanks!


99 Things About Me (Everything that I have accomplished is in bold)


1. Started your own blog
2. Slept under the stars - I've slept in tents with holes in them? Does it count?
3. 
Played in a band - grade 8 band! I played the baritone tuba... and yes, it outweighed me!
4. Visited Hawaii
5. 
Watched a meteor shower
6. Given more than you can afford to charity
7. Been to DisneyWorld - yes 3 times, including my honeymoon!
8. 
Climbed a mountain - technically I rode up on a chairlift, but I skied down it! :P
9. Held a praying mantis
10. 
Sang a solo
11. Bungee jumped
12. Visited Paris
13. 
Watched a lightning storm - Plenty of good ones over Lake Superior...
14. 
Taught yourself an art from scratch - several
15. Adopted a child
16. Had food poisoning - unfortunately
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty
18. 
Grown your own vegetables - plenty of them!  The lettuce, basil and onions are already up!
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France
20. Slept on an overnight train - not overnight, but a really loooooooong day or two traveling through Italy
21. 
Had a pillow fight
22. Hitch-hiked 
23. 
Taken a sick day when you’re not ill - one I know of
24. 
Built a snow fort
25. Held a lamb
26. Gone skinny dipping - Finn + sauna + the river = skinny dipping!
27. Run a Marathon
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice - Never got that far north in Italy :(
29. 
Seen a total eclipse
30. 
Watched a sunrise or sunset - plenty of them too!
31. 
Hit a home run - barely made it to first base - not a big baseball player
32. Been on a cruise - I don't think a weekend on a houseboat counts, so no
33. 
Seen Niagara Falls in person - yep, in grade 8 and with my bestest friend last July!
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors - yep - even saw the house my dad was born in
35. 
Seen an Amish community
36. 
Taught yourself a new language - not completely myself, but Italian and Finn, plus French in school through to my university degree, ugh, and Latin - a prerequisite for the French degree
37. 
Had enough money to be truly satisfied - I'm just about there....
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person - 1993!
39. Gone rock climbing - I was supposed to learn last summer, then I got diagnosed with Chiari and it might be a little to dangerous if I should fall, even though I'd be tethered etc.
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David - yep 1993
41. Sung karaoke - my favourite memory of my friend Martin - karaoke at the Christmas party.... I Will Survive!
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant
44. Visited Africa
45. 
Walked on a beach by moonlight
46. 
Been transported in an ambulance - in the passenger seat - not the patient
47. Had your portrait painted
48. Gone deep sea fishing
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling - snorkeling at camp
52. 
Kissed in the rain
53. 
Played in the mud
54.
 
Gone to a drive-in theater
55. 
Been in a movie - nope, just on local tv
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. 
Started a business - Cassandra's Crafts!
58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Visited Russia
60. 
Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies - nope
62. Gone whale watching
63. 
Got flowers for no reason - a few times
64. 
Donated blood, platelets or plasma
65. Gone sky diving - why would anyone jump out of a perfectly good airplane !
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp
67. Bounced a check
68. Flown in a helicopter
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy
70.
 
Visited the Lincoln Memorial
71. Eaten Caviar - oh sooooo yummy..... drool.....
72. Pieced a quilt - no but I crocheted a couple blankets
73. Stood in Times Square
74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been fired from a job - yep but the other bosses called me back the next day...
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London
77.
 Broken a bone - my toes, bones in my foot, my thumb bone, and a pinky finger
78. 
Been a passenger on a motorcycle - heck I DRIVE the motorcycle!
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person
80. Published a book - in a book, but not the whole thing
81. Visited the Vatican - yes May 1, 1993 - and the Sistine Chapel was CLOSED! Grrrrrr.....
82. 
Bought a brand new car - well, a new truck
83. 
Walked in Jerusalem
84. 
Had your picture in the newspaper - when I was 4 or 5!
85. Kissed a stranger at midnight on New Year’s Eve - no one stranger than my husband :P
86. Visited the White House
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating - fish is an animal?
88. 
Had chickenpox - yep and shingles
89. 
Saved someone’s life - no, but help a few injured skiers as a Ski Patrol
90. Sat on a jury - thank heavens no, I work for a deputy judge - I'm exempt :)
91. 
Met someone famous 
92. Joined a book club
93. Got a tattoo
94. 
Had a baby 

95. 
Seen the Alamo in person
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
97. 
Been involved in a law suit  - no thank heavens again!
98. 
Owned a cell phone 
99. 
Been stung by a bee - yes, and a wasp, and a hornet and a few other miserable biting things!

And I think I'll add one:
100.  Had brain surgery - will - very soon!!!

Nice to have a little distraction this evening.  My brain's working overtime....

No comments:

Post a Comment