Pages

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Nothing too Exciting

Seriously folks, I have nothing exciting going on.  Still have to wait another week before I can call Dr. Gentili's office to remind him I'm a priority for the May surgery list.  I hate, no, I loathe waiting.  Once I have a date I won't mind the wait because I will be too busy preparing and panicking but until then I hate waiting.

It's definitely spring, which is a wonderful thing.  I managed to clean out the front flower bed and I'm happy to report things are growing.  Crocuses are blooming, the tulips and lilies are making their appearances, the clematises have buds.  It's good! I love to watch things grow.  The temperatures are quite as warm these past few days as they were a couple weeks back - one day we were warmer than Phoenix!  But it's not bad weather and barely any rain.  It even snowed a little on the weekend, but of course it didn't last beyond 10 am.

I've started to train my future replacement at work a little at a time so it is not such an arduous task right before I leave.  I think it is going well.  There is a lot to learn in my position and 2.5 years into it I am still learning something new all the time.  I believe L will be fine.  She is very smart and picks up quickly.  Now I just have to catch up on everything so I don't leave her a huge mess when I go.  When I took over working for one of the girls who left the firm it was a 3 hour introduction to what was needed and I was thrown into the fire.  I don't want to do that to L.  It's just unfair.  So I do my best so everything will be up to date for her.

In other news, there truly is no other news.  Checked out the garden show on Saturday and I went to bingo on Sunday with my mother and sister-in-laws.  I've been really tired, but not had too many headaches - in fact I looked in my book and it was 36 days during which I didn't need anything stronger than Advil.  Not bad, not bad at all.  I've been doing a lot less strenuous activities though so I don't overdo it.  I suppose that helps.  And I still ice my neck often as I find that really helps.  I'm still going to massage every three weeks, but I'm all done with my Reiki treatments for now.  I might go once before my surgery, once I know the date, to make sure my energy is high.

Hope everyone is enjoying spring and painfree days.

No comments:

Post a Comment