Pages

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Proud to be a Canadian!

I don't ever recall being as proud to be a Canadian as I am today.  With 14 gold medals on home soil, Canada has broken the longstanding record for the most golds won at any Olympics.  And to top that, both Canadian women and men hockey teams winning gold.  An amazing overtime goal by Sydney Crosby this afternoon was just the icing on a multi -layered Olympic cake.  Sure, I didn't get to watch much of the coverage as I don't have cable or satellite, but the visit to my mum's this afternoon for the mens hockey final was more than worth it.  I have been able to stream most of the medal winning events during my lunch at work.  Unfortunately I can't stream much at home as the laptop is so old that it's like watching a really horrible slide show the audio.

I'm so proud of all of our athletes - not just those who mounted the podium, but all of them.  They are Olympians, and to be an Olympian on home soil must be a wonderful feeling.  From the surprise winners to the favorites going in, every athlete deserves the final celebration at the closing ceremonies.  The have done Canada and the world proud.

GO CANADA GO!

1 comment:

  1. I saw your toaster comment on your sidebar, and it made me remember something. My uncle's wife would only eat black, black, burnt to a crisp toast. She was always a little odd. Lol!

    ReplyDelete