Pages

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Healing and Celebrating

It has been a week to heal and a week to celebrate.  I actually had a fairly good week. My head wasn't too bad, but I was still extremely tired.  And I had a number of appointments and errands and things which had me out of the house most of the week after work.

I went for tea with an old friend from high school who I've reconnected with in the last two years.  She is getting married in June and having her shag in March.  (for my foreign readers our "shag" is also known as a doe and buck or a dick and jane party, basically a social to make money for the couple's wedding).  I really hope that I'm up to going because I think it will be more fun than my high school reunion was. I will know a lot of people.  My friend and I had a wonderful visit.  She too is healing.  After being involved in a horrific car crash 2 years ago, in which she lost both her mom and her best friend, she has undergone several surgeries to repair damage to her shattered wrists.  She too is healing.  It was wonderful to talk to someone else who understands pain and managing it and the healing process and how long it can take.  I'm very fortunate to know her and I'm very happy we have been able to reconnect.

Friday at yoga I was the only participant so Mayama did a very special class with me.  She is fully aware of my restrictions because of the Chiari.  I was in a good deal of pain that afternoon so we worked on breathing and grounding techniques to try and reduce my pain and even make it disappear or explode.  We did a few poses, all very gentle.  We talked a lot about healing and positive energy.  She even did some therapeutic touch - wow. I left the class feeling very centered and relaxed.  Mayama even gave me a gift - an imagery cd.  I haven't had a chance to listen yet, but I'm looking forward to it.  I've written down most of the stuff in the back of my journal so I can use it now and after surgery.

This week also saw my grandparents celebrate their 60th wedding anniversary.  Theirs is a love and a marriage to admire.  60 years of good times and bad, sickness and health, richer and poorer.  And my grandparents have been literally through all of that.  I am blessed to be a part of their lives and blessed to see a marriage such as theirs.  My grandmother is more than just grandma, she is a very very good friend to me.  I often confide in her. We have a wonderful relationship.  They didn't want a big party or even a dinner out.  The family and two close friends got together at my brother's house last night for appetizers and cake.  It was very relaxed and very nice.  Again, my congratulations to them on their 60th anniversary.  If I make it that far I'll be 90!

I will finally get the results of my 1st MRI - brain - on Thursday. Once I have that I will forward it to Dr. Gentili. We did have an email back and forth this week.  I wanted to update him on my most recent hospital visit and find out where I was on the waiting list for April.  Dr. Gentili said I'm still on the list but doesn't have a date yet.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the MRIs show nothing more than we already know, but given my more and more advanced symptoms lately it is hard to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment